How to Apply
All submissions must be typed and signed. Incomplete packages or applications submitted on outdated forms will be returned to the Principal Investigator for correction. All forms and templates can be found HERE.
A complete application package consists of the following documents:
- General Research Application OR Application for Retrospective Chart Review
- Departmental Impact Form
- Study Protocol
- Informed Consent Form, if applicable
- Supporting Documentation, as applicable [e.g., detailed budget; surveys/questionnaires, scripts, interview guides, brochures, case report/data collection forms, assessment tools, recruiting advertisements, documentation from other REBs, Data Safety and Monitoring Board (DSMB) Charter]
- Ethics training certificates of study team (e.g., TCPS2, CITI-GCP)
- N2 Research Standard Operating Procedure Attestation Form (as applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae of study team (signed and dated)
- Investigator’s brochure or product monograph (for studies regulated by Health Canada)
- No Objection Letter (NOL), Investigational Testing Authorization (ITA) or Notice of Authorization (NOA) (for studies regulated by Health Canada)
To apply for RVH REB review, please submit three (3) paper copies and one (1) scanned or electronic copy of your completed application to the address below. Do not staple any sections of your submission; use paper clips to keep copies together.
RVH Research Ethics Board
Centre for Education and Research, Room 3357
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
201 Georgian Drive
Phone: 705-728-9090 Ext. 43318
Please note, if your research requires transmission of data to any external organization, including collaborators, academic or industry partners, prescribed entities, RVH will require the execution of a legal contract between all involved parties. All contracts must be reviewed by the RVH Research Office prior to REB submission. If you have received or require a contract to conduct research, please contact the RVH Research Office at (705) 728-9090 Ext. 41350 or email@example.com
All submissions for continuing review (e.g., amendments, renewals, terminations, reportable events) should be submitted directly to the RVH REB at the address above.
Please complete the Amendments, Notifications, and Ongoing Communication Form for protocol amendments. Please include ‘tracked change’ versions of any revised study documentation in your submission. Please include a new date/version number in the footer of each revised document. Incomplete submissions will be returned to the Principal Investigator for correction.